Monday, November 10, 2008

Too Sweet

On Mondays I try to visit Claire's class and help fill Monday folders. I try to be invisible, but enjoy watching the kids in the classroom. Today, the kids were a little excited because they were practicing their part in the Veteran's Day assembly for tomorrow. Like most classrooms, the teacher has a system to warn children about their unacceptable behavior. Claire's class has a traffic light-everyone had a clothespin with their name that starts on green, moves to yellow for a warning, and the dreaded RED for really bad days. (Ok, if you have a kid in school, your kid has a similar thing in their classroom, I promise.) Well, today, there were several children that had to "MOVE THEIR CLIP". (insert gasp here!) No problem, good classroom management I thought. As Claire gets in line to go to practice, she makes a detour over to where I am. I get a super hug, and then Claire whispers, "Momma, I am so sorry that so many kids had to move their clip. I'm kinda embarrassed about that." How SWEET is that? She didn't have to move her clip! As if she could control the other kids actions! I am so amazed at her sweetness. I don't know anyone more blessed than I am!

No comments: