Monday, November 3, 2008

It Never Fails

Oh my, it never fails. I made plans to go to lunch with a friend that has also moved to the eastern shore (she is south, I am north and we were going to meet in the middle) today. MISTAKE!!! I should know better, but I haven't been out much since we moved, so I was really looking forward to it. Why was it a mistake you ask? Because whenever I make plans, it NEVER FAILS that one of the children get sick! Poor Collin woke up this morning with a tummy ache. Collin's not a complainer, so I was pretty sure that he was sick. Sure enough, we now have "the throw ups" in our home. This is bad news on so many different levels! The first (and arguably the most selfish), I don't get to go to lunch. The second (and should probably be the first!), Collin feels all around yucky. The third (and the most scary), Collin spent the evening at Grammy's last night and could've exposed Grammy, Grandpa Dud and Papa to the stomach flu. The fourth (and really the worst in my world), the stomach flu tends to enter and STAY at our house. Seven people exposed to "the throw ups" is a nightmare for any sane person! One year it stayed for over a month as it made it's way through everyone one at a time; another year it hit all of us at once. I can't really say which is worse-they were both REALLY awful. Please, pray for us!

1 comment:

Daddy said...

It was worse when it happened all at once! Two adults and one child literally getting sick at the same time! Triple yuck...