Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Middle School Field trip

Cough, cough, cough. Yes, that is me coughing up the money to go on Nathan's field trip. I did, I went, I am home (despite the NASCAR bus driver). I must say that middle school trips are much more relaxed than elementary trips. I wasn't even assigned a group nor did I need to sign in or out! We made it into DC without any problems (again, despite the NASCAR bus driver). The plays were pretty good, although I still don't like Edger Allen Poe-thank God they were 5 short plays, not a whole EAP play. Nathan didn't really enjoy that one either. There was something REALLY wrong with that man-EAP, not Nathan (mental illness to the 1000 degree!). After the play we ate on the bus and went straight to the wax museum. That was cool. It was neat to see just how real the figures look. Did you know that you can touch all of the figures? Really cool pictures to come-like a bonehead I forgot my digital camera and had to buy a disposable one! Nate liked the different "people". He also liked parading around dressed up in Jackie Kennedy's fur coat holding a Jonas Brother's guitar with a Civil War wig on his head-OH YES, therapy is coming just not sure if it's for me or him! It was really great to talk to his teachers and hear the great things they had to say about him. One teacher even wants her kids to be just like Nate if she ever has any! Pretty high praise from a middle school teacher!

A quick shout to Misty for her birthday yesterday and to Tina who's is today. I can only hope that you both had super days. I was thinking about you!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Sounds like a great day! What a fortunate boy to have a mom who is willing to give her time to spend it with him on a field trip! By the way, you neglected to share how you were mistaken for one of the wax people.