Friday, November 7, 2008

The Joy of Laundry

I promised a post about laundry for yesterday, but I didn't get to all of the laundry yesterday. Between the conferences, running into town for prescriptions, making little pudding and jello snacks (TIP: they are much cheaper to make in large batches and put in little Rubbermaid cups than to buy them in little cups already made! Great snacks for the "I'm hungry kids"!), lunch, dinner and dishes, I only managed to wash and dry 3 loads. Today, I have done 5 loads-done means washed, dried and PUT AWAY that's the key-and have about 4-5 more to do. These loads include clothes, my sheets, all towels, but not the kids sheets. That's for another day. Why is it that no matter how many loads I do, the laundry-or Mt. Never Rest as it's called in our house-is NEVER DONE? Not only that, but when I do the all the laundry, I don't get to leave the house! Then there is the vacuuming in between loads. The fun never ends! Gee, I wonder just what I do with all of my time?

PS-The kids are home today (again for another conference day), making the little task of Mt. Never Rest just that much more challenging. Actually they are great to haul loads up and down the stairs and to put their piles of clean things away. It's just not their choice of fun for their day off.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, can I so relate. As a family of eight we call my laundry pile "Mt. Washmore" I have confined my wash days to Mon. Wed and Fri. Leaving bed linens for Tuesday and rugs for thursday if needed. If only I had room for two washers and two dryers. OHH what a dream!!!!!

swoozyQ said...

I refuse to embrace the laundry pile by giving it a name!! Although I like your names for your piles. I think we should all take pictures of our piles and post them :) lol...