Saturday, November 22, 2008

I am a Godmother

Today, my brother's baby was christened in the Catholic church. He asked me to be the Godmother. Not being Catholic, I wasn't sure what to expect. I think it means that I get to be a special person in his life. It is a great honor! I am also expected to help with his christian education. Ok, I can do that. He is the most beautiful baby and was WONDERFUL during the ceremony. After the ceremony, we had a delicious dinner at a local restaurant. He made sure that there was pizza on the menu for my kids (they are really picky eaters!). That was really thoughtful of him and I so appreciate it! As we were sitting there, I looked around at all that had come to celebrate this special occasion (one that he really doesn't understand having been raised in a Baptist church) and realized that my brother is a very blessed man. (I am blessed as well, but I have always known that!) He is really surrounded by so many that love and respect him. I hope that he felt loved today. If you are reading this, I love you, Baby! (Yes, my brother is 6'2", 29 years old and a father, but to me, he is still my "Baby"!)

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Yes, we are an amazingly blessed family! Mom