Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday Thanks

Ok, yesterday were all the BIG thankfuls. Today, I have some smaller thanks, but still just as heartfelt.
  • Modern medicine (granted, not so "small") and the ability to take the children to the pediatrician when needed. Today, I took Kaylyn and Collin to see our doctor for an awful cough that is making them, but more importantly me, crazy. He gave us meds that will soon make the kids better. I guess I'm thankful that we can afford the meds as well.
  • A van large enough to get our whole family where we need to go. Yes, my dream is a large Suburban, but until then, I am thankful for our old van-stains and all.
  • A washer and dryer that allows me to wash and dry LARGE loads. It sure beats beating clothes on a rock in the river! (I'd really never get through Mt. Never Rest!)
  • A puppy that brightens my day. I HATE to be alone. When Mickey died, I was really sad that I would be alone while the kids were at school. No, dogs don't speak English, but they are great company. Gary, who really didn't want another dog especially in a new house, allowed me to get our puppy, Holly. She has a real love of Mt. Never Rest (clean or dirty) and makes it fun to try to keep the laundry put away. (If I don't get it upstairs, she will gladly unload the baskets one item at a time. She'll even play keep away if you are bored!) She is so happy to see me whether it's been 5 minutes or 5 hours apart. While it can sometimes be a pain in the tush to train and keep track of her, her happy spirit totally makes it worth it for me.

I sure hope that you have some "smaller" blessings to thank God for today. Spend a little time thinking about them!

No comments: