Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Beware, I'm feeling...

...a little mean today. That means that if you are easily offended, you might want to skip today's post. Today was a "Dover Day". That means nothing to you, so I will fill you in. Since we have moved to the country we have no stores close by. The closest grocery is about 12-15 minutes away. Not a problem unless you are used to visiting the grocery 2-3 times a day before you moved. This has been a life altering situation for me. I am not naturally organized (Sadly, Dad didn't pass that little trait onto me. He is amazingly organized as is his wife! Not fair that there are two of them in one relationship, but I digress.) thus it has been a challenge to be so far away from "civilization". I, over the past 11 months, have gotten much better at making lists and trying to go all of the stores in Dover (the closest "city") once a pay-every other week. There is quite a list of stores (Bylers, Food Lion, Target, Pet Smart, Sam's Club, Wonder Bread Outlet and the Amish farm for eggs each week. Throw in Michael's, Lowes, etc. on any given trip and it is a long day!) since I am trying to save money where I can. Now, this seems on the surface to be an efficient way to do things-and it is! I save on gas, time and money (I am not in stores as often so it cuts down on impulse buys and now I use a list-one I don't loose!).

However, about half way through my Dover Day-it was raining and I think it rubbed off on me-I got to thinking about those wonderful, well meaning people that have said to me, "Robin, now that all of the kids are in school, what do you do with all of your time?" I want to respond with, "Well, didn't you know that I am now President of Bon Bon of the Month Club? Would you like to join?" I TOLD you I was feeling mean! Since my first thoughts are not appropriate, I am always stumped as to what to say. I decided to blog some of my daily activities. Lord HELP the next sweet, unsuspecting person that asks me what I do with my time!
Once I get home I have to unpack the car and put all of the things away! Here is the kitchen when all bags have been unpacked. Yes, all three cooler bags are full of cold/frozen food. That means I have to find room in the frig/freezer. Oh, the excitement!
Tomorrow, the joys of laundry!

1 comment:

swoozyQ said...

Soooo what is it you do with your time again??? :) HEHEHEHEHE lol
Oh, this is GREAT and I LOVE that you put up pictures!!!! Holy cooler bags Batman!
I really dislike grocery shopping so I would really really dislike Dover trips. Sounds like you are organised to me. I'm proud of you for taking the time to shop around. I have real issues with that. I also can't believe it's almost been a year since you moved. Great post!