Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving week

It is the first day of Thanksgiving week. I am going to try to post what I am especially thankful for each day this week.
  • I am thankful for a God that sent his Son to Earth. My faith is one that has made me who I am today. God forgives me of all of my shortcomings-and there are many. I can only hope to be a reflection of the goodness He shines on me each and every day.
  • I am thankful for 5 extra special children. Each one is a miracle in their own way. By all rights, none of them should be here nor should they be healthy. Each year I am more and more aware of how blessed we are. I had pre-eclampsia (sp?) with Nathan and it was a really touchy delivery. The triplets were high risk all the way around. They were born 8 weeks early yet have NO preemie issues. We were told by the doctors that we would never have 3 healthy children. They were wrong. Claire, the baby, was born with the cord wrapped around her neck. Although the doctor was worried, she was healthy as well.
  • I am thankful for a wonderful husband that sees the value in my being at home and being available for the kids at all times. He travels a long way to work so that we can live in an environment that is wonderful for the children to grow up. He shares me with so many and rarely complains.
  • I am thankful for a beautiful home in the country that we moved to about a year ago. It is really my dream home. There is enough room for all of us to have enough space that we don't kill each other. My grandfather was a true blessing in helping us afford it.
  • I have a super extended family that I am very close to. I don't know anyone that has the kind of relationships with their family that I do. My children are loved above and beyond our wildest dreams. We are really blessed that Grammy and Grandpa Dud live next door and are willing to be daily parts of our lives. The other grandparents, while not as close geographically, love our children more than can ever be expressed. My brother is an amazing man that I know loves me and values me. He is so much more than just a brother, he is my friend as well.
  • I am thankful for girlfriends that have seen the value in our friendship no matter how far we are apart. They support me in the down times and celebrate in the up. They allow me to be a part of their lives, even if it is long distance.

Ok, that's the "big" list. As the week continues, I am sure that there will be many other "smaller" everyday things. I hope that you take the time this week to count all you have to be thankful for. It's just that time of year!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Beautiful--so well put! And those close to you have SO much to be thankful for-just being a part of your life!
Much love, Mom