Friday, April 24, 2009

Volunteer's Assembly

The elementary school had a Volunteer's Assembly today to thank all of the volunteer's for their service for the year. I missed last year's due to my Girl's Weekend, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Actually, to be truthful, I didn't want to go at all. I volunteer because I think it's the right thing to do and I don't need to recognized for it...at all! Anyway, Mom and I decided to go because the kids told me that their classes were doing something special and we wanted to support the kids. It turned out to be a nice performance. Here are the kids on stage, each class doing something different.
Much to my horror, after all the kids were done, each volunteer had to get up, state our name and what classes we volunteered in. Can't say I loved that, but the refreshments afterwards were nice.

No comments: