Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Flowers vs. Weeds

I was overwhelmed at the number of "flowers" my kids picked and brought to me. They saw dandelions in our grass and just HAD to bring them to me. And there were quite a few!

I am so thankful that I have children that look at dandelions and see beautiful flowers for Momma instead of ugly weeds in our grass. Look at my "symbols of love" from my kids.
I guess, for me, that's the way I choose to live my life. I want to see the beauty around me...not the weeds. (Yes, I know, I have a terminal case of Rose Colored Glasses!) I am so thankful that my kids see things through the same eyes. I don't think I can ever look at a dandelion the same way again. Now they are beautiful to me, thanks to my kids!

5 comments:

baresheep said...

I love that!! Love the bowls too hee hee!! They could pick a whole house full over here!!!

Unknown said...

Ohhh, that is so sweet. What loving kids you have! That is such a blessing! I love hearing your stories about not just all the great things you do for them for the ways they honor you too!

Anonymous said...

Did you see those bowls at PW?

That is sweet.

Misty V said...

Sweet! But aaachoooo.....

Momma said...

I did see the bowls at PW and needed them! They just make me smile.