Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Break

Four of my children are starting Spring Break as of 3:30 today. Nathan will start his at 2:30 tomorrow. Why the difference? Well, elementary school has Thursday and Friday for conferences, while middle school has just Friday. Now, maybe it's me, but I think middle school is the time you NEED conferences. It's been my experience that, while I get no less than 4 copies of EVERYTHING in elementary school, I get nothing from middle school. I mean it, no checked papers, no school fliers, no rec sign ups...NOTHING!

I finally clued in and called the middle school today and asked to sign up for a conference. In the fall when I called, I was told I didn't need one because Nathan was on Honor Roll. This time I said I wanted one, Honor Roll or not. I just think it's important to touch base with the teachers that spend all day with my kid.

So, that being said, after conferences, we have Spring Break...it lasts until the Tuesday after Easter! I think that's the longest Spring Break I have ever heard of! I am glad to have the time with my kids, but I would really rather they get out of school earlier for summer. Oh well, no one asked me for my opinion.

Poor Claire was under the impression that she would be a second grader after Spring Break. She had a huge fuss when I explained that she would still be in first grade...it wasn't until after summer vacation she would be a second grader. Poor thing. She was really heart broken.

Oh well, wish us a happy, LONG break. I am sure we will keep busy! If you're in the area, stop on by.

No comments: