Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stormy Skies

Storms are different here than where I grew up. The land is flatter here, so the storms seem to just roll across the sky without any hills to block their way. Usually you can see the storms coming from miles and miles away. Well, around 5:45 this evening, I opened the front door to let the puppy out for the 154th time and was greeted with this:
I was so shocked at how fast the storm blew up and how dark the skies were, I had to take a picture! It was a little scary, and I don't usually get at all worried about storms. Here is a little hole in the sky.
The clouds over our house...at 5:57 in the evening!
And the trees in our back yard.
Wow, it was amazing! It really made me hope Gary was almost home and so thankful that we weren't on the soccer field.

1 comment:

swoozyQ said...

WOW! So pretty but I'd be a little afraid too. Was it thundering?