Friday, April 10, 2009

Total Failure!

I have been craving mac and cheese for several days. It's not something I make regularly because Gary doesn't like it. I couldn't find my regular recipe, so I found a new one online at a site I can usually count on for good recipes. Looked good, although a little different than I was used to-it had an egg in it and my old one didn't. So, today I finally made it.

YUCK-O!!!!

No one in my house liked it at all. Nathan yelled at me when he tried it. He wanted to know why I did that to him...it was just NASTY! Collin said it was just too cheesy and sticky. Danny said it was just gross. Claire said she just didn't like the spices. Couldn't I please just make it with noodles and cheese, no spices. Kaylyn, well Kaylyn took one look and, true to form, gagged. I threw it all away. (It was throw it away now or wait until it grew green in the frig. I choose to do it now!) What a waste of 4 cups noodles, 1 pound cheese, butter, an egg and seasonings.

I am bummed...and I am still craving good mac and cheese...and I don't have the ingredients to make another batch.

Pppffffftttt! I HATE it when a recipe doesn't come together. Makes me feel like a failure...a wasting food failure. I can hear in the back of my mind, "There are children starving in China you know!" Although to be honest, I don't think they would've liked it either! Even worse, Claire went to throw something away and burst into tears because I wasted all that food. (Yes, she does need a nap.) Never fear, my children are always here to make me feel better about myself...and my cooking!

1 comment:

Misty V said...

Corynne is my Mac-n-cheese fan, but she prefers the box! She loves the Kraft single serve. She feels like such a big girl preparing her own at lunch! JM's step mom made homemade Mac-n-cheese at Thanksgiving. It was yummy! Do u want me to get her recipe? Sorry you had a bad experience!!!