Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Good Day!

I had to go to my thyroid doctor today. Anyone that knows me well, knows that this is an issue for me. I HATE any doctor/dentist appointments! Not the regular, run of the mill unhappy with the inconvenience, but rather a true, through and through, HATE! As a matter of fact, I usually avoid them, run out of medicine, have to have the pharmacy call for a refill that they will only give if I call and make an appointment. It's not a pretty phobia, but it's one I have lived with my whole life. (It hasn't been helped by the fact that I have made several decisions, some against medical advice, that have turned out to be the correct ones. There is a reason that they call it practicing medicine, people!)

Anyway, my doctor decided that instead of going every 6 months, I can now go every 12 months. YAY! This is wonderful news. Thank you God that I have been so healthy-despite myself.

After the appointment, I had a wonderful day of shopping while Mom kept the kids. I have to say, I love Crate and Barrel, Potterybarn, Anthropology and Target. After today, they love me too! Thankfully, all but Target are too far away for me to visit too often. It was great to have an afternoon to myself without the stress of getting home before the kids. I feel somewhat relaxed and renewed...even on a day I had to see a doctor. I am so blessed that Mom enjoys keeping the kids for me and they sure love visiting with her. All in all, a great day was had by all!

Oh, and as a bonus, when I went to check in on Nathan at bedtime tonight, he gave me a hug and told me he missed me today. Wow, that's huge coming unsolicited from my 12 year old man/child! I think I just might savor this day for a while.

1 comment:

Misty V said...

Glad you got a good report or at least a year reprive (spelling?!?!)!