Thursday, April 16, 2009

Quiet Week

The kids are back into our routine. We've had a rainy couple of days, although the sun has shown his face today. Yesterday I ran errands all day in the rain. I came home looking like a wet mess! So glad I did my hair yesterday morning. I haven't found a way to hold an umbrella, push a full cart, load the car and stay dry in horizontal, gusting rain. Any ideas? Everyone was thrilled to have a well stocked house again. We were out of EVERYTHING!

It's that time of year again! Today, I have to pack for a Girl's Weekend. I leave tomorrow for a fun filled couple of days with a few girlfriends at the beach. I started this weekend about 5-6 years ago with a bunch of girls. Through the years, there have been different girlfriends that come and go, but we have managed to get away for one weekend a year. We start looking forward to it around Christmas. By the time spring rolls around, well, we are all READY to get away! It's great! I am a much better wife and mother when I have a little away time to relax and miss the kids They are happier/more appreciative when I have been away for several days. It's a win/win!

OH, by the way, we leave in about 15 hours and 41 minutes...not that I'm counting or anything!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am soooo excited to be coming this year! Its going to be BEA-utiful weather too! :-)

Misty V said...

So excited for y'all! I remember my girls weekend at the beach a few years ago! Thank you, it was so much fun! Tina said she was sending me an airline ticket but it has not arrived ?!?!? LOL!