Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Lovely Visit

My friend Tina came to visit this weekend. Last night she traveled an hour and 15 minutes after driving her school bus runs just to come see me and my family. Is she a great friend or what? Of course, I bribed her with the promise of a meal of French onion soup, hamburger quiche and chocolate chip cookies. She couldn't resist!

We stayed up until 12:15 a.m. chatting and catching up. Okay, to be fair, we talk on the phone almost everyday, but there is just something so wonderful about actually being face to face that makes it even better.

This morning we got up, saw Nathan win his basketball game, and then went shopping. We LOVE to go shopping especially when we can find such great deals! (Let me clarify, we were shopping at the Mennonite grocery outlet store, so it wasn't all frivolous. We were working hard to provide inexpensive food for our family. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!) After shopping we met Mom for lunch at Pizzeria Uno. Mmmmmmm!

Gary was a wonderful, super dad/husband. He coached the indoor soccer game for Kaylyn, Danny and Collin's team (of course this was at the same time as Nathan's basketball game) and then held down the fort while Tina and I spent the rest of the day out and about. He even had to take Kaylyn to a birthday party 35 minutes away and then picked her up again. This job usually falls under the heading of Momma's responsibilities, but he didn't even complain! Have I mentioned just how great he is?

All in all, it was a lovely day. Am I blessed or what?

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Wow sounds like a lot of fun!