Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Birthday Gifts

What is your opinion on birthday gifts? Or I guess any gifts, but this is birthday week in our house, so birthday gifts are on my mind. Do you want to give everyone a list to be sure you get just the right thing? Are you frustrated when someone asks for a list and then buys something different from what you have listed? Would you like people to go out and find something that says, "BUY ME"-something that just calls out your name? Do you love gift certificates so that you can get whatever your heart desires? Do you feel like gift certificates are just taking the easy way out?

Like I said, birthdays are on my mind. Just wondering where you all stand on the issue of gifts. I'll let you know my stance later.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I like to give out a list so that they don't have to get something pointless. Also, I don't like them to get me something that is not on the list, or totally off subject of who i am. I do like gift cards because i can get whatever i want instead of running the risk that i might not like a gift.

Lizzie ♥ said...

Momma: Gift cards, I think, are really handy. The person receiving them (like people aged 10+) can have fun shopping for things THEY truly like, and won't end up with things they don't want. I don't think it's completely generic, just convenient. But I agree with Jamie too. Giving people a list of things the birthday-person wants is a great idea too. But still, I like gift cards best, lol.

swoozyQ said...

I LOVE it when someone buys me a gift that's "ME". I wish gift buying could go back to the days when people would buy a little knick knack from the gift store that fit a person's personality. I never expect a gift (except from my hubs) so it's a very special treat when someone else buys a gift.