Monday, January 19, 2009

Just Wondering...

...if 10 1/2 is the new 14? I swear that Kaylyn is displaying all of the 14 year old angst that you could ask for!

Today the issue is that I don't let her be HER! She wants to be her own person, and apparently, to my true amazement, I don't allow her to do that. REALLY! This was the subject of a very heated argument-one in which we had to sit on the side of the road to discuss for 20 minutes. By the way, I didn't have 20 minutes to sit on the side of the road...I had a ton of stuff to do tonight. A TON!!!

What started the argument you ask-yes you did, I heard it!

I dared to ask her what she liked about the tie dyed peace t-shirt at Target. That was it, I promise. One simple question in which I inquired about her preference.

Well, that won't happen again, I can promise that! From here on out, I don't CARE about why she likes something!

Oh, and she is NOT getting that dang, ugly t-shirt! Not today, not tomorrow, not EVER!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

oh my. i think that she should be open with you and say waht she thinks. without yelling or anything

Momma said...

Yeah, me too. I am really not a tough mom. She is just really sensitive and a huge people pleaser. If she thinks I don't like something, it becomes a huge deal for her. We will work through it!