Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Free" Fieldtrip

Nathan's class is going on a "free" field trip to an outdoor camp soon. It is a 4 day 3 night camp for which the state has given Nate's school a grant. (Actually, they were supposed to go last year, but due to a miscommunication they had to reschedule for this year. The worst possible week this year. The coldest week possible this year. A short week for this year-it was supposed to be a 5 day 4 night camp). The PTA chose to pay for the transportation so the whole trip isn't supposed to cost us a cent.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Yes, that's me rolling on the floor laughing!

We got the list of what to pack the other day. It is in the winter and it is an outdoor camp. Put them together and you have a lot of needed cold weather gear! Nathan has outgrown EVERYTHING needed for this trip!

Soooooooo, today I went shopping. Gloves, boots, hat, ear warmer, long underwear, extra socks, shall I go on? I spent almost $100 on supplies for this FREE trip! I sure hope he has a good time! I sure hope he uses all of this gear. If he is cold, it won't be my fault!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

coolio!! check out this blog; ihails.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

and check out this one, it's a bit weird, but he just wants 2 get the word out... killtec-joe.blogspot.com