Friday, July 31, 2009

Lego Camp

Today was the last day of camps for the summer. Yes, that loud sigh you heard was my HUGE sigh of relief. While the kids loved camp and they really were a lot of fun, it was a lot of driving and scheduling around Mom and Papa's surgeries, visiting Papa in the rehab center, kid's illnesses and the van breaking down. I'm not sure I would've signed the kids up for 4 weeks of 1/2 day camps if I had known that everything else was going to happen. Oh well, we made it through and it was fun for them.

Collin and Danny were the last camp this year. They did a Lego Robotics camp. Nathan did this one last year and liked it, so the boys thought they would give it a try. They loved it! I really think that they would've liked to do another week if it had been offered. I got to go see what they worked on for the last 30 minutes of class. It was really neat. I have always been a fan of Lego and the creativity it requires, and this just reinforces it! The kids really used their imagination and came up with some cool projects.
Oh, and is it just me or are the instructors getting younger and younger? Mr. Brian was really great with the boys. He was also the teacher for Nathan's Game Maker camp. We are hoping he gets the job at the local middle school. Good luck Mr. Brian and thanks so much for the fun this summer!

1 comment:

baresheep said...

ummmm. I think I will be taking the next lego class.... hee hee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!