Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm Back!

Well, our last several weeks have been more crazy than I like. As mentioned, my grandfather broke his hip and is in a rehabilitation center, my mom had colon surgery and is home recovering, and I had 3 different kids with fevers over 101 and needed to be on antibiotics. That's just the crazy health issues. We also have had several different half day kid camps at the local community college that is about a half an hour away. The kids loved them, but I have been on the road a lot. Then I can talk about the 3 different extended family birthday parties, one of which we sadly had to miss. And our car broke down after one party...an hour and a half from home. That's another post all on it's own.
Soooooooo, with all of that going on, I haven't been blogging. So sorry. I will do my best to get up to date.

For now, here are some pictures of a more fun activity Jen, my farmer friend, and I did the other day. We took this:
and turned it into this:
That's right, we froze some fresh Silver Queen corn for the winter. It was great. Our combined 8 kids shucked it and then we blanched, cut it off the cobs and then froze 2 bushels of corn. I can remember my mom doing that when I was a little girl. I think we will enjoy corn even more this winter!

1 comment:

Misty V said...

Welcome back. I've missed your sweet stories of life!