Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fun Fourth

Although I felt crummy yesterday morning, by the afternoon I felt well enough to go visit with our farmer friends, Jenny and Randy, for the Fourth of July. They graciously let all of us come visit for dinner and fireworks. Our kids get along so well that we just let them loose to run about on the farm. The kids had a great time with only one little spat from the little girls that they worked out themselves. I don't know about you, but 8 kids, 5 hours and only 1 spat...that's some kind of miracle! We had a super dinner of all the Fourth Favorites...burgers, hot dogs, pasta salad, corn, melons, mac and cheese, and desserts. Jenny sure can cook! Later that night, from their farm, we saw no less than 4 different fireworks displays. It was amazing to realize that the land is so flat and the fireworks so high, that we could see them from miles away! Other than the fireworks that our old neighbor Mr. Bob would do for us, they were the best displays ever. We watched for about an hour. To tell the truth, I don't really need to be any closer to fireworks than we were. I hate the crowds and the loud bangs. It makes my heart jump in a really uncomfortable way. After the displays, we cleaned up while the kids played a little bit on the Wii. I can't remember a more relaxing, easy get together...ever! There was really no stress for us at all-and after the week we've had, that was the best blessing I could've asked for. Thanks, Jenny, Randy and family. We had a super time!

1 comment:

Misty V said...

I know u can handle the driving! Hope y'all are having fun!