Monday, July 6, 2009

Claire goes to College

My little one went to her first day at college today.She started her first camp that wasn't a Vacation Bible School at the local community college. It's the Kids on Campus program and she went for the Painting on Ceramics camp this morning. I thought that Nathan would be there at the same time for a Create your own Video Game camp, but was surprised to learn that his was in the afternoon, not the morning. Ooooops, I made a little mistake at sign up time I guess! I have to admit, I was a little freaked out about leaving her there by herself, but she was great. She just marched over to her group and off she went. I am so proud of her! At lunch I asked her if she was nervous, and she said, "Of course, Momma. I have never been to a camp before, well other than VBS. It was my first time. But I did ok. It was fun!" I guess my baby is really growing up! Please pass the tissues.

As for that little mistake I made, well, it wasn't so little. It means that I have to drive half an hour back and forth twice as much. Claire has camp in the morning, Nathan in the afternoon. There is an hour between sessions-not enough time to go home, but a lot of time to just hang out and wait. Great, just great. I ended up taking lunches and when we were done, we walked around the campus for a little bit. Oh well, both kids had a super time at their camps and can't wait to go back tomorrow. Danny, Collin and Kaylyn were really troupers about the whole thing. Their camps will come later this month. It's just a week, we can do it!

No comments: