Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Prayers Please

Well, when it rains it pours, especially for our family. Let me start by saying, I KNOW God's still in control no matter how crazy things seem. I don't doubt that for a moment. I just wish He would fill me in on what the plan is just a little bit.

My mom is having some major health issues-the big C word...possible cancer. She needs to have some tests done and the results from those tests can influence the rest of our lives. We believe that she is getting the best care possible, but that doesn't stop us from being concerned...not worried because we know that God has a plan...but we are concerned. Oh, and the eye problem from several months ago is still in the picture. She is to get another shot in the eye next week if she doesn't put it off.

While we were getting a procedure done yesterday, my grandfather fell and broke his hip. He, being the stubborn, hardheaded man he is, waited until no one was watching and went BY HIMSELF out to the garden. He had been forbidden to go out by himself, but did it anyway. While he was out there, he fell and was unable to move his right leg. Thank God Nathan was able to help Grandpa Dud get Papa into the wheelchair and up to the garage. My wonderful husband came home just in time to help get him into the house. We had to take him to the hospital by ambulance. He now needs surgery tomorrow. After viewing several x-rays, he has a few other issues as well, but they need to be addressed in the future-if at all.

Papa's health issues, of course, are a huge concern for us. However, for me, more of a concern is that my mom continues to stay on top of what she needs to have done. We just can't trade her health for his at this point. She is the world's best daughter and will allow her concerns about her father supersede her own health issues. Yes, I could gladly hit her over the head for that, except that I would most likely do the same thing in her shoes. It's just the way we are wired. Everyone else comes before us. Most of the time that's a good trait, but not when cancer is in the picture. Time is of the essence!

On top of all of that, my poor Kaylyn started running a fever yesterday of 103. She still had 102 this morning, so I took her to the doctor who had her tested for the swine flu. Thankfully, she doesn't have it, but we don't know what she has. If she is still running the fever on Thursday, we have to go back for some more tests. Great! I think Claire seems to be getting a little warm too.

Well, all of that information, and I know it's a lot, is to ask you all out there to pray for our family. It just seems like it's a lot for us right now, especially my mom. Pray for wisdom for the doctors and our family as we try to make the best decisions possible. Thanks!

1 comment:

baresheep said...

i had stopped believing for a bit but you made me re think and believe again. I will do my best in the prayer dept. although I am still in training. I do believe that you will stay stong and be together through all of this. This week has been a crapper but you have so much love around you. You will get through this! (and I will help with the boiled in oil sister!)