Thursday, June 4, 2009

Three Generations

While in PA for Gary's paternal grandmother's funeral, we were able to visit with his maternal grandmother. It was great to see her. We haven't seen her in maybe 6 years. It is really hard to get up there with the 5 kids. (The hotels require us to get 2 rooms because there are so many people.) Anyway, since I always have my camera (the best Christmas gift EVER) in my purse, I was able to get pictures of 3 generations-Grandmom, Gary's mom and husband, Gary's uncle and his wife, Gary and his sister, Sue.



I also got one of just Grandmom and Gary and Sue. I know that these will be a treasure one day.
This is a very special picture of Gary's mom on the floor in front of Grandmom. It was so sweet. When Gary's mom sat down, Grandmom reached down to stroke her hair. It was such a beautiful picture of mother's love to me. No matter how old we get, we are still our mom's little girl. It almost made me cry. Whenever I look at this image, I will always remember that very special touching moment.

1 comment:

Misty V said...

Okay..I am crying! You are such a great story writer!