Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Paint!

While we love our new house, I was going crazy with all of the white walls. I am definitely a color kinda girl. It's really interesting, but in this house, I have much less blue than in the past. I have a lot more red and black. Not sure what that says about me, but there it is.

Please, go back to Kaylyn's party pictures, and you will see the kitchen with white walls. Of course, no matter how many times I thought about it, I forgot to get before pictures. I went really bold and had RED painted in the kitchen. It's a large room with really light cabinets. I thought it could "do" red. I love it!






The hallway, stairwell and upstairs hall is a color called "blonde". I thought it was a tan, but now that it's on the wall, it's a tannish/gold. Not what I thought it was, but I think I like it. Gary's not sure, says maybe it'll grow on him. Now that I have the pictures back up, I think it's a nice, warm neutral.






So, what do you think? Do you like or not? Actually, don't tell me if not. We are stuck with these colors for several years!

3 comments:

Angie said...

OOHH I love it. Well, you know me, I love color on the walls!!! I love the red. I have red in my formal dining. Good choice of color. Did you paint it or have it painted? I really enjoyed painting my house, only know it has been professionally painted since the fire. LOL

swoozyQ said...

I love the warm colors. I'm guessing you went w/blues before because you had a small house and was a bit dark w/all the trees around. Now you have lots of space so darker colors make it feel cozy plus you have lot's of light so it isn't overwhelming...maybe...but GREAT JOB!!

Misty V said...

LOVE IT! The red in the kitchen is my favorite! I really like the entry hall color, too! Did you paint the den, formal dining and living the same color! You been busy girl! You never said anything about painting the last few times we talked! Okay, I am going to shut up the next time I call and you have to talk and tell me EVERYTHING!