Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dog Problems

My puppy, Holly, has developed some disturbing problems. She is getting more and more protective and a little aggressive. In a large family like ours, this presents several issues. The biggest issue is that we have too many people in and out for her to decide that she doesn't like new people. We can't have that! Also, there is no way I'll have a dog that I can't trust around the kids. If I am at all worried that she might in any way, shape or form, bite one of us, she will find a new home...fast!

With these new issues, I have decided to have her evaluated by a dog trainer. (Now, there is a great gig! $60 for an hour long evaluation! I think I need a new career!) I want to know if she can be trained properly so that I can trust her. Wish her luck. I really do love her, and 90% of the time, there are no problems. However, 10% is too much to wonder about. If the trainer has any concerns, we will be looking for a new home for Holly...and I'll be sad.

2 comments:

Lizzie ♥ said...

I know exactly how you feel, poor Holly. What breed is she may I ask?

Momma said...

She is a pound dog. We think she has some shepard, but not sure what else. She is wonderful, but a little unpredictable.