Friday, March 6, 2009

The Dog Trainer

The dog trainer, Kelly, came this morning. She had never met Holly before, and I was ready for Holly to "show her stuff". Well, in true "Robin's Law", Holly showed her stuff all right...she was a perfect angel! She didn't jump up, she didn't bare her teeth, she didn't growl, and she didn't even poke her nose in Kelly's crotch! Normally, I would be soooooo proud of her wonderful behavior, but today, I wanted Kelly to see Holly at her worst. How can we work on these things if Kelly doesn't see them?

Kelly and I spent some time talking at the kitchen table and Holly laid down beside Kelly's chair the whole time. Every so often, Kelly would toss a small treat in Holly's direction so she just stayed there. UNBELIEVABLE!!! *#@#%* dog! She made me into a liar!

We worked on some commands to give Holly some boundaries and, of course, Holly did them perfectly. She can now do "come", "sit", "down", and "wait" verbally or with hand commands only. *#@#%* dog! Kelly left, asking me to work on the new commands for the next week and a half...until our next visit. She also wants me to get Holly's thyroid tested because this can cause unpredictability in dogs...not that she saw any! Kelly will be back in a week and a half to see how we are doing.

Of course, after Kelly left, I went upstairs to comb my hair, potty, etc. before I had to run out. I came downstairs and went to pet Holly before I put her into her crate. What do you think she did? She bared her teeth and growled at me! *#@#%* DOG!!! She couldn't have done it while Kelly was here so I would know the correct response. Nooooo, that would've broken "Robin's Law"! Needless to say, Holly earned a one way ticket to her crate for the rest of the morning. I left the house and went to Sonic for a Diet Coke with lime...Surly I earned it! Please, keep praying for us!

*#@#%* DOG!!!!

1 comment:

swoozyQ said...

Oh that doesn't sound good at all! Do you think she was good because the trainer had treats in her pocket?