Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend in Review

Well, it was a busy weekend here at the "Nest". On Friday, the elementary school had Donuts with Dad, so Gary stayed home to do that. (It isn't worth the trip for him to go to work half day not to mention that he can't find parking.) There was also ANOTHER half day in the county. Gary and I thought that we would travel to Dover to do a little last minute shopping. We did, but we didn't get much time since he did the donut thing and then we had to pick up Nathan at middle school by 12:00. I have to say, 2 1/2 hours shopping isn't much time when you spend 1 hour traveling!
Later that day, I had to run over to the elementary school to clean up the Cookie Walk the PTA did for the teachers. Nathan and Claire "helped" me (that amounted to visiting teachers while I cleaned up!). Then we wandered into Chestertown for a few grocery items I needed.

Saturday, I went to my annual Cookie Day with my dad and family. We spent all day cooking cookies, eating and generally visiting. I brought home a ton of cookies! It was wonderful to hold both my niece and nephew for a while throughout the day. I do so miss having an infant! They smell so good, make the sweetest faces and sounds, and they are soooooooo soft! Hmmmm...I'm only 37...Maybe...Naaaaaah, my kids are all potty trained, sleep through the night (mostly) and can dress themselves. Why go backwards?
Poor Gary was left at home to cart kids around all day. He took Kaylyn, Danny and Collin to indoor soccer practice, carted Kaylyn to and from cooking class AND had to take Collin and Danny to a birthday party and back home again. When I called him on the way home he said, "I didn't get a thing done today!". REALLY, I can't imagine! Actually, he did a great job and I am so thankful for him being able to hold down the fort while I was gone. He's a good guy that way! Thanks, Honey!

Sunday was a little busy too! I hate that because I like to try to keep our Sundays "lite" so that we don't start the week tired. We went to church, then dropped Claire off at a birthday party on the way home. Came home, ate, and then had to go back for Claire. I did manage to "snuggle" (read "nap") with Claire for about an hour or so (we both need that before the week starts!) before we went back to church for the Christmas play they put on. It was lovely. They really worked hard on it and did a great job. We did get home a little later than I like, though.

On the down side, Collin has a terrible cough. He even threw up because he gagged on the cough before bed last night. He has already been to the doctor, been on Z-pack once and has prescription cough meds that are doing NO good. Please pray for him. He feels yucky. He almost never complains though. What a great kid!

Hope you had a great weekend too!

No comments: