Monday, December 22, 2008

Very Busy Day

If you know me, you know that I have a very close family. I have just one brother, and he is 8 years younger than I am. Despite the age difference, I have always been close to him...Actually, I have been told that we are a weird family because we are so close. I am very proud of the man and Daddy he has become. Well, today, he took another life changing step.

My "first baby", my brother got married today. I can't believe it. He's so excited. His wife looked just beautiful. It was a very small ceremony, just family, followed by an Italian lunch. Here is the happy family:

Aren't they cute?

After this happy celebration, I had to make 2 Christmas stops and then rush home for...

My Papa's 89th birthday celebration.

Papa has been such a blessing to our family in so many ways. He has always had a very soft spot for me. As a matter of fact, it has been wonderful security for me to know that I am his "sunshine". He is in poor health, and it is so hard to watch him slip away just a little bit one day at a time. However, I know that when I visit (and now my girls, too-He has a thing for girls) it always brightens his day. Since he lives just next door, we are able to see him on a daily basis.


Happy birthday, my Papa. I love you more than you can know.

This is a ton of celebration just before Christmas. Thank goodness I was a little early with Christmas preparations this year. Yeah, not so much anymore! Between celebrations and sickness, well, I'm just about where I usually am. Rushing to be sure that everything is done just in time for the big day. Oh well, I wouldn't know what to do with extra time anyway!

1 comment:

swoozyQ said...

aww Great pictures of TR and family! I saw them at church Christmas Eve and Gabriel is sooooo cute!!! You do know that you've turned into your mom right?? ALWAYS on the run :) You ladies are great!