Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Kids HATE Me...

...and I don't blame them. We are sick-the real sick with a cough, sore throat, and body aches. Someone in our family has had it in some form or another for a month now. Kaylyn and Collin have had an antibiotic and it didn't touch it. We have prescription cough medicine that doesn't seem to help. It has gotten worse the last several days-as a matter of fact, we ALL have it now.

Soooooooo, I had to make the decision that no one could go indoor soccer last night, they couldn't go to a Christmas party last night, no one could go to our first soccer scrimmage this morning, and church isn't looking good for tomorrow.

Worse than any of that, I had to decide that we weren't well enough to go to Pap and Nana Pat's for Family Christmas. My kids are really upset. I am really upset. I was even ready for Family Christmas this year (presents wrapped, in a travel box, and food prepared and ready to travel)! This is just a nightmare!

I am a people pleaser (the worst of the worst) and always have been. It KILLS me to have to make the decision to keep everyone home. I totally hate to disappoint anyone, especially my family and this decision disappoints everyone! But, it would kill me even more to go and give this awful creepy crud to the extended family. My little niece and nephews will be there. My dad can't get sick because his liver disease makes that really dangerous. My brother is getting married on Monday, he and his fiance can't be sick! Christmas is just a few days away. I don't want our extended family to be sick for the big day!

Man, it really stinks to try and "do the right thing". Maybe my kids will forgive me by next Family Christmas? Maybe not. I have no doubt that this will be one of those stories in which I am the bad guy for all of eternity. Great. Yay me.

No comments: