Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mowing

Our builder hasn't been able to pay anyone to mow our common areas in our community. The recession has been tough on all builders. In an effort to help out, we said that we would mow behind our house. The problem was there were HUGE rocks in the field so we needed to walk the whole field and get rid of them so they didn't damage the mower. Grandpa Dud had started several days ago and today we finished.

Here are the boys looking for rocks. They found and moved them before I mowed the grass.











Local wildlife. Oh, I didn't get a picture of the snake that Grammy killed for me today, but it was the third one this year! (I stayed on the tractor and watched it while Grammy got the shovel. I'm a little afraid of snakes, you know!)











Our field looked like this before:











And after:

2 comments:

swoozyQ said...

ewww snakes! Have you had any in the house? How's the new puppy doing?

Misty V said...

Out on the farm...mowing the back 40!