Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a lovely Mother's Day. First thing this morning, the kids and Gary had a scavenger hunt for me to find different cards and gifts they had for me. Gary had some delicious chocolates for me from a local store...they were dark chocolate, my favorite. After that, we went to church. When we got home, I had everything done except cooking the things that needed to be heated! It was great! Well, yesterday I didn't think it was quite so great, but today it was really nice to just throw things in the oven and be done! Of course the kids were so hungry I didn't get a picture of full plates, but here they are half empty.
We really enjoyed spending time with Grammy and Grandmom.

After lunch, Gary, Grandpa Dud and Nathan cleared the table and put the dishes in the dishwasher. It was really nice to not have to clean up!

After everyone went home, I was thrilled to see Gary and the boys playing soccer for a while outside. It is so nice to see them playing together. The girls entertained me with a little dance. No gift could've been better than that for me.












I am so thankful to be a momma. It's all I ever wanted to be. God has so blessed me with such a great family.

3 comments:

Misty V said...

looks yummy! all my favorites! happy mother's day!

baresheep said...

and you wonder why Nathan is tall... you are a head and a half taller than everyone!!!

ME said...

Nathan looks like he is as tall as Gary. I can't believe how he has grown.