Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cooking Class Part 2

We had cooking class again tonight. It was a little better than last time, although one recipe was totally incorrect and tasted horrible. We made a Paula Deen recipe (I could've done this one without any instruction, I promise you!) called Pumpkin Gooey Cake. Not sure why that was the name, it wasn't very gooey, but it was delicious. The best part of the class was when the chef taught us how to make mini almond paste pumpkins. He made one, and then left the rest of the orange almond paste sitting there. Well, to me, that was just an invitation. I finished the rest of the paste. Aren't they cute? We then made Cranberry Turtle Bars. It was a really good recipe for the holidays. The last recipe was Italian Almond and Chocolate Torte. All I can say is that it was a horrible waste of REALLY GOOD CHOCOLATE! When we tasted it, the chef said, "Well, I thought this was close to the recipe I lost, but I guess you need to add cocoa powder and a little more sugar." Really, I paid $130 for a lousy recipe? Great, thanks a lot. Oh well, it was fun to get out with my buddy Jenny. If nothing else, she gets the humor in the comments I make under my breath throughout the class. We spent a lot of time trying to hide our giggles.

1 comment:

Misty V said...

bring your new recipes - the yummy ones --this summer, chef robin!