Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shopping

The other day, Kaylyn asked if I would take her shopping for some "girly" clothes. That day, the heavens opened and I DID hear the angels singing the Hallelujah chorus. She has been really against looking at all "girly" for about a year now. I am so sick of my beautiful firstborn girl choosing to dress like a boy.

Soooooooooo, that is why I struck while the iron was hot and took advantage of this wonderful change of heart.

I was a bad mom, again, and took Kaylyn out of school to go shopping. The kid has straight A's so I refuse to feel guilty about taking a little time off school. (One girlfriend has accused me of making school optional. Well, some days I guess I'm guilty as charged.) We have VERY little one on one time, so this was a special day. Gary has been working crazy hours (he has a new position at work and is still can't leave the responsibilities of the old position behind-Hey, shouldn't he get paid twice?) and our weekends have been nuts. We really haven't had a spare moment, let alone a few hours to get out and go shopping. (Please remember, we live in the middle of nowhere-it's at least an hour of travel time round trip to get to a clothing store!)

We went to Kohl's and bought out the girl's department. Well, not really, but we did buy quite a few really cute outfits for Kaylyn. My goodness, that child is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I would kill for her little figure! (I'll post some pictures tomorrow.) I think she really felt pretty. That was the best part of the day for me-she finally saw herself as the pretty girl she is! She is growing up just way too fast. I can hardly stand it. After that, we had a wonderful lunch and ran to the grocery and Wal-Mart before heading home. Once home, she gave a fashion show for Grammy and the boys and again for Daddy when he got home.

It was a wonderful, much needed connecting day for us. Not to mention, I am now the coolest Momma EVER since I made her day so much more fun than boring old school! (Fear not, the cool Momma glow will fade before all the clothes get worn, I am afraid.)

2 comments:

Misty V said...

Ahhhhhh...what a great day! I can not wait to see some pics. She is beautiful in the "boyish clothes" so I am sure she will shine in her girly wardrobe!

swoozyQ said...

That's great Robin. She's always going to remember that day. What an awesome feeling it is to have all of Mom's attention and to be doing something so fun and for her.