Saturday, December 20, 2008

Trying to Salvage the Day

Although our day isn't what we hoped and planned it to be, we are trying to make the best of it. Thankfully, I had a dvd purchased for each kid for Christmas. Thankfully, I had them wrapped! I gave each kid their dvd to open today. They were thrilled!

In a perfect world, I would NEVER allow the children to watch 5 movies in one day. However, we are living in a fallen, stuffy head, cough, sore throat, achy body kind of world. Because of that, we watched 2 movies earlier in the day, took a nap, and are up watching the other 3 now.

While we didn't get the wonderful sit down dinner that was to be prepared for Family Christmas, I DID have frozen pizza, popcorn and cookies for the perfect, unhealthy, sick day!

Maybe there is hope that I won't be the worst, awfulest, meanest momma for all of eternity. Maybe, just maybe, my kids will remember that I am the momma that, when I had to, made the tough decisions and then tried to make them as much fun as possible? Well, I can always dream...

1 comment:

swoozyQ said...

:( that's so sad. Hope you all feel better soon. I'll be praying for you to feel better and before Christmas!