Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year and a Prayer Request

Happy New Year to all of those of you that check in on our little world. We have had a great year in 2008-Just so much to be thankful for. I hope that you can say the same.

Just one little nagging sadness tonight. My Papa is not doing well. My mom had to take him to the hospital two afternoons ago by ambulance. He came home that night, but he is slipping away a little more each day. I doubt that he will celebrate another Christmas, although to be honest, we have thought that the last several years. I am asking for prayers on his behalf to either get back to a better place health wise or for him to pass peacefully into heaven. We (the whole extended family) are ready for either. Thanks so much. We really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Again, have a safe, happy night. I'll "see" you next year!

5 comments:

~B said...

Prayers for Papa and hugs to you!!

Happy New Year!!!!!

Unknown said...

I will certainly pray for peace, both for your Papa and for you and your extended family.

My grandparents are both reaching that age and health where I have to wonder how much longer they will be with me on this side of heaven. Its so hard to think of letting them go. And yet it is so exciting and awe-inspriring to wrap my head around the awesome-ness that awaits them in the presence of our Lord on the other.


Love,
Sunday~

swoozyQ said...

I'm sorry to hear that Robin :(
I will keep him and you all in my prayers.

Jamie said...

i was just bored, and i was randomly typing in blogs, and this one popped out at me. i will definately pray for your papa!
p.s. happy new year!

Angie said...

Happy New Year to you too, Robin. I am praying for your Papa and for the entire family. You know I am always here for you. God's blessings to you all!!!!