Sunday, August 30, 2009

Watermelon Cookies

I made watermelon cookies for the party yesterday. I had made them once before a little differently. Now I'm not sure which I like better. What do you think?

First try with pink and a "bite out":
Second try with red and no bite:
Second try with red and a bite:
Unfortunately, the red icing didn't set up as well as I wanted. It was still a little sticky and I'm not sure why. Any thoughts? Could it be the humidity? Do I need more meringue powder?
I think that my favorite is the pink. I also liked putting them on the plate some with and some without the bite. It was kind of cute-like someone couldn't help themselves and took one bite out of a few of the cookies. It has been fun to learn how to make the cookies. I just wish I could master the icing. I guess I have to keep trying.

3 comments:

Misty V said...

cute!!!!

ME said...

Love them. You didn't get any oil into your red icing. Sometimes I have trouble it their is ANY grease on any utensil.
Regardless, they look wonderful. Personally, I like the red. Pink watermelon just doesn't thrill me.

swoozyQ said...

I like the pink and the bite is so much fun. So I like the pink/bite cookie the best. :) good job!