Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tomorrow is the Day (Warning, I'm a little rambley)

I'm up late again. I'm unable to go to bed because when I get up I have to start the school year. Well, I don't start the year, but my kids go back. I was so ready about 2 weeks ago. Now that it's time, I want another week or so before I send them away all day every day. It's times like these that I am more aware that I have them for such a short time...and that time keeps getting shorter and shorter. I just want to hold on a little tighter so that they can't keep growing so quickly. (Of course, as I say that, I realize just how blessed I am to have 5 healthy, growing, happy children that are able to grow, mature and move onto the next phase of life. It's not that I am ungrateful for that, I'm just a little conflicted tonight.)

Oh my, I am really tired I think.

I know that I will enjoy a little time to myself. Even more than that, I know that the kids are looking forward to going back and seeing their friends. It's much easier to get things done while they are at school. It's just that little voice in the back of my head says that I have the rest of my life to do laundry and shopping and cleaning. I have the kids for just such a short time and now they will be in school for so many hours.

Well, now that's enough of that. It's time for bed. Tomorrow will bring the excitement and craziness of a new school year. I'll put on a happy face, take pictures of the kids in their new school clothes with their new school supplies and shoo the kids out of the door to have a great first day. I'm sure at that point I'll be ready for the peace and quiet that comes with an empty house...well, maybe.

No comments: