Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School!

The kids went back this morning armed with all new supplies, shoes and clothes. They were excited, except Claire who was a little nervous and didn't know if she wanted to leave me. (Bless her heart, maybe she will stay my baby forever!) Daddy even went into work late so that he could wish them a happy first day when they woke up.Like last year, I drove Nathan to school since he would have to leave the house at 6:45 to catch the bus. This year he will ride the bus home. We'll see how long he likes doing that. The elementary kids were really ready this morning. They even made their own lunches before I got back from taking Nathan! (I thought Grammy had made them, but they told me proudly that they had made their own.)We even got outside 10 minutes early! That's the first and I am sure the last time that's ever happened! Usually we are rushing out at the last minute, waving to the bus driver so he'll stop.Well, they're off. I hope they have wonderful first days as a seventh, three fifth and a second grader. Wow are they growing up quickly!

2 comments:

Misty V said...

Hope they all have a great day! What will you do today.....?

swoozyQ said...

Awww what Great pictures of the kids. I can't believe how big they are now.