Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We're Baaaaaack!

Well, about 36 hours after we left, we are home. From the reaction from the kids, you would think we had been gone 36 days! They missed us SOOOOOOOOO much and we can NEVER go away again. Just a note, Grammy was great with the kids, but they just missed Momma.

A side note-one that I have noticed before-going away for just overnight is never enough. You spend both days traveling and don't feel at all rested when you get home. Yes, I realize that this was not a "get away", but reality is, we did get away...together...without kids...and stayed in a hotel! Of course, there was the viewing and funeral, but we GOT AWAY! So, next time we get away for whatever reason, I am lobbying for 2 nights, not just one.

Another thing I noticed is that I really miss mountains. Where we live now is flat farm land. We went to the mountains for the funeral, and I loved seeing the mountains, the valleys, the beautiful streams and rocks and all of the sights that bring back the memories of my childhood. Some of the views simply took my breath away. I had forgotten what it feels like to stand and look up at the mountains all around you, or to look down from the edge of the road and see a little white church in the valley, or to see the fog lifting from the trees so it looks like they are on fire. All of those things make me so amazed at God's creation. I stand in awe of just how blessed we are to live in such a beautiful part of the country.

Well, thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Gary's family is doing as well as can be expected. They are all sad, but thankful that Grandma is no longer suffering. It was so touching to see just how loved she was in the community. There were so many people that came to the viewing and funeral. I can only hope that when my time comes, I will have touched as many lives.

No comments: