Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fourth and Sixth Grade Awards

First thing this morning, we had the fourth grade awards ceremony. Of course, I am the only person to have a child in each of the classes! I guess that makes our family a little unusual.

Collin was first. He received:
Best Helper Award and
Computer Lab Award

Danny came next. He received:
Excellence in Science
Third Place in the 24 Tournament (a math game I think) and
Computer Lab Award

Kaylyn was in the last class. She received:
Positive Attitude
Computer Lab Award and
Class Ambassador Certificate

I was so proud of all three of them. I love that they were all recognized for something special.

Later that day, Nathan had his award ceremony. Of course, he didn't tell me about it, nor did he bring home the notification. My great girl friend, Tina, was visiting for the day, and we had plans. We were a little late for Nathan's ceremony so I don't have any pictures. Nathan received:
Excellence in Science
Perfect Attendance in Fourth Quarter and
Honor Roll for the whole year

What he did not get was the Physical Education award. I was really upset because he had come home telling us how he was beating all of the other sixth graders (and actually most of the school!) at the different competitions. When I asked him about why he didn't get his award, I thought he would be upset too. Instead, he started to laugh. He told me that he didn't get it because he got a ZERO on the Sit and Reach. He was in the top 3 of all of the other activities (in not only the 6th grade, but the whole school!), but because he can't touch his toes, he didn't get an award! We are now working on his flexibility for next year. We have had a lot of fun laughing about how the "most athletic kid in the 6th grade" (Nate's words) didn't get an award for gym.
I have to say, all the kids had great years. We are so blessed that they really enjoy school and find themselves with a bittersweet feeling at the end of the year. They are ready for a break, but will miss seeing their friends. I so can remember feeling that way as a kid too. Great job, guys! Momma and Daddy are so proud of you!

No comments: