Monday, June 29, 2009

Hamburger and Stale Fries

I saw these adorable cupcake hamburger and cookie fries on Bakerella's web site. I knew right away I NEEDED to try them. Mine didn't turn out exactly like hers, but I thought they were just great. Even better,the kids thought they were AWESOME! It always thrills me when I am able to impress my children.

I made these for Pappy when they were here on Saturday. He and Grandmom thought they were "somethin' else". They always say I'm "somethin'". I think they liked it though.
I made this little basket for Maggie when she was recovering from surgery. I never thought that she might still be a little groggy from the anesthesia. We gave the basket of yummies to her and she ate a fry first. She said, "Thanks, but are these fries stale?" Bless her heart, she didn't realize that they were cookies, not real french fries, and they tasted REALLY funny to her. I had a huge laugh about it, but Jenny about died. I thought it was the perfect comment from a groggy little girl. So now, I have decided that these are cupcake hamburgers and stale fries. I will make them again. It was fun to serve hamburger and fry dessert! And my kids LOVED them. That's the true seal of approval.

1 comment:

baresheep said...

THEY WERE THE BEST!!! I am so lucky! and yes I died a little. You were the very first person she wanted to see with Kaylyn and Claire!