Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Rest of the Last Day

After all of the parties at school, our neighbor, Denise, invited us over to celebrate the end of the school year. She is our sweet neighbor that has a daughter that just finished kindergarten and 3 year old triplets. Nathan worked for her 2 afternoons a week. We went over for hot dogs, chips and cupcakes. It was a perfect because Daddy was working from home today and wondered just how he was going to get anything done with everyone home for the afternoon! Of course, Denise's little kids were thrilled to play with our big kids. They had a blast running around and messing up the playroom. Finally we put on a movie and everyone relaxed. Just as a side note, they watched Barnyard. In my opinion, there is something really, really wrong with cows standing on their back legs and walking around. The utters just look VERY strange! Just thought I would mention it, you know it is my blog!
After the fun time at Denise's house, Daddy took us out to see the movie UP! Nathan wasn't thrilled to go see a kid's movie, but we convinced him that it would be fun...and we'd get popcorn! If you haven't seen it, I would recommend it. As with The Incredibles, Cars and Toy Story, there was an adult story weaved through out the kid story. Both kids and adults can enjoy the movie for different reasons. It was really well done and we all liked it a lot. I am still not a huge fan of 3-D, though. Sometimes it just makes my head hurt...and I know it makes my wallet hurt! Wow, movies are so expensive!

I have to say, we celebrated the end of the year to the fullest! I am now ready to start the summer routine. Let's sleep in tomorrow!

No comments: