Friday, June 12, 2009

Please Explain

Can anyone out there please explain why my son, Nathan, needs his shorts to COVER his knees? They can't just go down to his knees, they MUST COVER them! I just don't understand...at all. I can understand wanting longer shorts, that's the style. I get that, really I do, but they must COVER the WHOLE knee to be acceptable. In order to get the shorts that long, they are too big! Please see the following picture.
His shorts, or longs as Gary calls them, are way too big. And of course, when they are too big, his boxers show at the top. Now, I do not allow boxers showing, so his shirts have to be big enough to cover the waist of his pants. This is much too much thought for me to buy clothes for my BOY!
The best part is he has influenced his brothers and their friends. Take a look at these pictures:
And on the other side of the coin, I have a hard time finding shorts long enough to cover my daughter's rear end!

2 comments:

Misty V said...

on the up side - maybe their tastes will change as they grow and the shorts rise above there knees! Oh, they might last 2 seasons!

baresheep said...

This whole thing DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! I just tell my oldest that he will have to do the laundry because I have done my job and we have provided plenty of clothes that fit. So if he wants the two pair that cover the knees he can clean them! What a bunch of turkeys!!!