Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday Crazy

We had a crazier than usual Saturday. We had conflicting soccer games (of course...I hate those!) that started by 10:00. That would've been ok, but Nathan wanted to go watch a friend's lacrosse game at 8:45 first. We did, then rushed to his game over a 1/2 hour away. Nathan's team tied, although they came back from an 0-3 deficit. It was a great effort on their part. Danny scored 2 goals, one assisted by Collin, at his game while Collin held down the defense. I am just wondering if Danny scores when I'm NOT there on purpose!?!

On the way home, we stopped by WalMart-my LEAST favorite store on the face of the earth-for some last minute Mother's Day food. I made most of the food ahead of time since we were hosting Mother's Day and still wanted to get to church. I have a great make ahead menu of:
Tomato Pesto Tartlets
Onion Sticks (made by Grammy)
Bacon Canapes (made by Grammy)
Chicken Squares
Watergate Salad
Raspberry Poppy Seed Salad
Corn and Mixed Veggies
Mini Cheesecakes with Cherry and/or Strawberry topping
Cupcakes
It was really easy to make up and all I have to do is bake everything when we got back from church.

Of course the house needed to be cleaned and then we needed to mow the lawn and all of the common area around our house. This took Gary and I both mowing-Gary for several hours, me for just about one hour.

Nathan had a party to go to from 5:30-8:00...he needed to be dropped off and picked up from that!

On top of all of that, I have a horrible stiff neck and shoulder that just won't get better. I laid down for a bit with the heating pad, but needed to get up and get moving.

All in all, it was a crazy day, but we got everything done! I am so thankful for a husband that pitches in and helps out when needed.

1 comment:

baresheep said...

you Paula Dean Gal you!!!