Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Hair

I have a hair cut scheduled for today. I always want a new look, but chicken out when I get there. I have had about the same hair-long with bangs, give or take about 10 inches, since middle school. (I'm not counting those 2 years after the triplets were born and I had no bangs because I didn't get my hair cut-or wear makeup-for that long! Those are "the lost years".) Oh well, at least the highlights should help blend some of the grey. Nathan keeps telling me just how "white" I'm getting. Well, actually, he tells any and everyone around when the subject of my hair comes up. I love that boy, but might have to kill him! I just told him that most of those white hairs are labeled with his name. Actually, it's my desire to be totally white like my great grandmother, Mam, or my grandmother, Grammy Ruth, before I die. I remember their hair as pure white and just a beautiful texture as they aged. I figure I have earned those grey hairs, but I would like them to blend in! Oh well, it's the price of one more day, not to mention 5 kids, a husband and puppy, I guess. Have a super day! I'm off to get my hair trimmed and highlighted...not that anyone will notice the difference. It always looks the same to my family.

1 comment:

ME said...

Did you go with something new? You did have shorter hair at one point and it looked great. Of course, I'm jealous of your great long hair. Mine stops at the shoulders no matter how long I let it go.