Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Tea Party

Claire and I traveled back to our old town for her friend Maddie's tea party today. Claire was so excited to see her best-est friend, Maddie. It has been a long time since they had seen one another. I heard them talking about when they met. They thought it was in preschool. I had to correct them and let them know that it was in nursery at church when they were about 6 weeks old! Maddie was born 5 days before Claire, so all of Claire's Sunday School and preschool memories include Maddie. It is really a very special friendship. Both girls just couldn't be any sweeter!

Maddie had worked really hard with her grandmother to create this very special day. They had cooked all of the food for today, including scones, cookies, apple walnut bread, honey dill rolls, blueberry coffee cake and hand dipped chocolate covered strawberries. It was quite the occasion! The little girls looked so cute all dressed up. Claire was so polite and tried some of the food that she didn't think she would like. She sat still and enjoyed the tea (or pink lemonade as might be the case) like a little lady. I do think all the girls were glad when it was time to get up and play.
It just gave me a vision into the future of my little girl all grown up and the beautiful woman she will become. While the vision was nice, I am thankful that Claire promises me that she will always stay my baby. I think I'll hold her to that!

No comments: