Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cookies for the Second Time

Here are the finished products from our first cookie decorating experience. They are okay...not great, but okay.
I wasn't thrilled with them, neither the decorating nor the taste. Of course, I NEEDED to try again. Last night I made 2 batches of cookie dough-one trying to improve on this dough and the other was a brown sugar cookie dough that I love-and the icing I would need. I then was awake until 2:30 a.m. thinking about how to make the cookies better. I know, I know, I need a life! So, this morning, I got up and got started. First thing, I realized that the icing was a little to watery, so I tried to fix that. Then I rolled out and cut both batches of dough. I have to say, the brown sugar dough is still my favorite. All of the kids, Gary and my mom agree. From now on, I will make the cookies out of that dough.
Of course I had PLENTY of helpers with our little project. It did occur to me that this might be easier in a couple of weeks when the kids go back to school, but I had it in my head NOW! There was no stopping us.
Here are the cookies.
I think they turned out a little better this time. The white and orange base coat is still not quite right-it didn't harden as it should-but the pink was perfect! We are getting there! The girls of course, were all over the decorating...and they did a great job. A few more tries and maybe I'll be satisfied. We are sure having a great time learning a new skill!

1 comment:

Misty V said...

sent the "bad" cookies to us - cause they look really good!!!