Monday, August 3, 2009

My Blender

I am so happy to rediscover the blender. I have to admit, when we moved, I sold my blender at a yard sale. Then, when we moved to the country, I realized that I want...no, need...a blender being so far away from any stores that might make milkshakes and/or smoothies. So, I purchased this blender for the purpose of making "yummies" on family night. Yes, I was Momma of the year that night.
Well, the other day, I was out and about and stopped at Panera Bread. I ordered a strawberry smoothie. As I watched the girl make it, I thought I can make that! I know I can make that, and for a lot less than $5.00 a drink! So I purchased the ingredients on the way home and proceeded to make the EXACT smoothie that Panera does. And, I made enough for the whole family for less than $6.00! The kids, except for Nathan who might have liked it if he didn't know it had strawberries in it, just loved it. I also made peach/strawberry smoothies that were good as well.

Then, when Claire and I made tomato sauce, instead of slipping the skins off the tomatoes, I cooked them for 2 hours. Then, when they were soft and mushy, I put them in the blender and PUREED them! It worked beautifully! I would guess that it's healthier too. (And we ALL know that I am above all else worried about the healthiness of my tomato sauce!)
Of course, the blender is always wonderful for milkshakes. They are Nathan's favorites. (Being a little lactose intolerant, I love them too, but they just don't love me!) Last night, after the boys ran their mile, I made Nathan a peanut butter/chocolate milkshake. He loved it!
All I can say is, I am so glad to rediscover my blender. We are loving the delicious creations we can make with it.

No comments: